Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Week 7

We finally got to break the big news to my side of the family this weekend. Since we live so far away from ALL our family, my only chance to get to tell someone in person was to drive 90 miles to see my mother and I was determined to do that. We had plans to have lunch together in Charlottesville last Thursday and then the inevitable happened - I got picked to serve on a jury for a murder trial. Isn't that always the way when you have big plans?

So Paul and I drove down late Friday night and presented her with what she thought was an early mother's day gift but was actually a positive pregnancy test gift-wrapped in a jewelry box. She cried. It was worth driving 90 miles for.

The next morning we got on the phone and started calling everyone else. We're obviously trying to keep it pretty close until after the first trimester but I'm sure half the eastern seaboard knows at this point, including a large contingent of neighbors and retail employees who couldn't care less. Good news travels fast!

All week I've been feeling fairly oogey but it's nothing unbearable. Certain foods are clearly out of the question now, burritos chief among them. I'll spare you more details about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment